The drive from Fairytale Town to Claremont was pretty boring, except for the part where we almost got stuck north of LA because the Grapevine had closed due to ice and wind. It may sound like fun, but I had already seen snow when we drove through Shasta the day before, so I was okay not getting stuck. What's up with the weather in California? As an Oregonian, I'm not used to all that late-April rain and snow and ice and wind.
The first night in town, we hung out in the new Village, which Mom and Daddy said was totally different from ten years ago. Well, duh! I'm sure I'll look different in ten years too! And, look at Mom and Daddy from almost 10 years ago:

I ran around for hours, climbed the fountains, and prepared to meet Scrippsies the same way Daddy did his first time in Claremont, by bumping my head (Daddy was concussed the first time he met Mom).
The next morning, we headed to the campus for my first visit to Scripps College. Incipit vita nova!
Here I am, about to enter through Honnold Gateway for the first time like many a Scrippsie before me:
We wandered around the campus:
I soaked up the sun, while contemplating life, pretending I was a liberal arts student:
I practiced my pitching with an orange. (How cool is it that they have orange trees on campus?!) Check out my fastball delivery:
We wandered Browning's halls, where Mom lived for four years. My favorite part was the rose garden hall. They had an awesome garden and I got to hear stories of Daddy crawling in through Mom's window to study. Mom's sophomore-year door is on the left:
Look how small I am!
Next we visited Graffiti Wall where Mom's class signed their names. I found her name... can you?
After meeting lots of fun Scrippsies, Mom and I took a moment to sit and enjoy the Claremont air, which was amazingly clear.
I can't wait until I'm ready for college, so I can go to Scripps too!
Stay tuned for more updates!
☺
1 comment:
Awesome photos. I forgot that campus looked like that. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment