Saturday, February 6, 2010

Update about Friday's Procedure

Well, Friday's procedure was a bit of a bust. I'm fine, but the conduit they put in back in April was too rigid to expand (well, they were able to balloon it out but it pretty much just snapped back to pre-procedure size). And they cracked it. So I stayed in the hospital overnight, but we got home Saturday am. The doctors will discuss my case next Thursday but it looks like I'll need a new conduit within a few months, which means a third open heart surgery. As always, we'll keep you up to date! I'm off to chase the cats and enjoy being out of the stinky hospital.

☺

PS, and apparently, despite what my pedi said, I am sick. Well, I made it 16 months before projectile vomiting, so I guess that's probably pretty good. My drs have been notified and they all say it isn't related to the procedure...either way, I will accept Vit C infusions.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Miles, just wanted to add that your cardiologist also said your conduit was 'crunchy.' It's a highly technical term that we can't overlook!