I didn't get to make any sand castles, but my first trip to the beach today was even more fun than my first trip to the mall.
Wednesday afternoon, I wasn't quite sure what the big deal was. It was big and blue, but not a lot of fun. Here I am not looking at the boring coast:
Then, today, Mom and Daddy drove me down to the beach, and I quickly discovered how fun it is to play with sand!
I struggled a bit trying to form the sand into a castle, and remembering Miss Sparkles' caution about their impermanance, I had Mom and Daddy carry me to the ocean, so we could try to swim to Japan (or so I thought -- they barely let me get wet):
Now I understand the difference between Wednesday's "the coast," where grownups sit inside, read books, and sip their wine and today's "the beach," where kids actually have fun.
A couple more firsts for me during this trip:
1) First time traveling above 1000 feet, during the drive over the Coast Range.
2) First deer sighting -- right as we pulled up to the beach house (or, more accurately, the "coast house"), it was eating in the neighbor's yard. We didn't get a picture, but it looked JUST like Bambi (not that I would know -- Mom and Daddy don't let me watch violent movies yet).
3) First close encounter with a birdie that isn't a cat:
4) First time seeing a jellyfish -- unfortunately Mom wouldn't let me get close enough to test whether it taste good with peanut butter fish:
5) First chicken, viewed through the eyes of a donkey:
6) First ostrich or emu (hidden behind the fence to the left) and first peacock. Apparently, Mom has a history with peacocks (if you know where their Hawaii website is, you can watch the videos). Once again, she did her little dance, and got this one to show me his plume so I could see it.
I definitely had fun today! We get to go back to the beach (and the coast) in 2 weeks! I hope Mom and Daddy sign me up for swimming lessons before then, so I can make it to Japan this time.
☺
P.S. We got a call from the doctors today. They've discussed my tests from Tuesday, and all agree that the next step to continue monitoring with an echo in 4 weeks.
2 comments:
So funny! I loved Robin Sparkles. :) I've never seen a jelly fish that big before on the Oregon coast! Lucky Miles! :)
Love the Robin Sparkles shout out. Brice pointed out that Miles has as much hair as his daddy now. ;)
Post a Comment