Thursday, June 25, 2009

If cows say moo...

...does that mean moose say cow?

I asked the Mariner Moose, but he just gave me a goofy grin:



Last weekend, we took a trip up to Seattle to visit Grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Greg, as well as Uncle Tristan:



On Father's Day, we went to the Mariners' game. They gave away free Felix Hernandez hats to kids!

Here I am, sporting my new hat, while waiting for the game to start:



Unfortunately, while I tried to watch the pitching gem being tossed by Felix, everybody else in the family just talked away:



Then, Tristan distracted me with his hands:



Back to the game recap: The Mariners led 1-0 going into the eighth inning, but the D-backs hit a 2-run HR to take the lead!

In the bottom of the inning, the Mariners tied it up at 2, and had a man on third, when Ken Griffey, Jr. came up to pinch hit. (As I mentioned back on April 11th, I'm still not sure why they call him the Kid -- I'm a kid, not him!)

Here I am, excitedly watching the 8th-inning action:



Anyways, "the Kid" popped up to end the inning, so I immediately fell asleep to recharge during the ninth, expecting extra innings.



While I was asleep, I dreamed of how the game would end. Imagine my amazement when, just as the following flashed through my head, the crowd exploded in cheering that woke me up...



...it turns out Tony Clark just dropped the ball to lose the game in the bottom of the ninth, but I like my dream scenario better. My oh my!

One of these days, I hope to sit through a whole baseball game without falling asleep. Mom and I are training together by going to Daddy's 7-inning softball games.

See you next time.



☺

No comments: