Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Already!

Well, I didn't get a party and I didn't even get to spend the night because the catheterization went smoothly and quickly. There was good news and bad news. The bad news is that the cardiologist confirmed I have some thick areas in my heart and he doesn't know what caused them. The good news is that they aren't obstructing blood flow to my lungs as they'd feared. He's going to discuss my case with the rest of the cardiac team later this week, but at this point it looks like the next step would either be wait a bit and monitor or do an MRI to see how dense the tissue is. So, knock on wood, the next step might not be another surgery this year. I'll let you know when I know more.

In the meantime, my sats were fabulous today and I had a music therapist sing me three songs while strumming her guitar. It was fun, but she forgot how to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. And she loaned me an ocean drum, which was a lot of fun until Daddy dropped it on my head.

Daddy has the week off of work, so it should be a good week. And, we're going up to Seattle this weekend!

1 comment:

Catherine (aka Lucy's Mommy) said...

so glad you're home Miles!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in Seattle!!!