Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Change of Address

That's right, I'm out of the PICU, and in a normal room. Mommy and Daddy now have a bathroom all to themselves, with a shower, several cots to sleep in, but no more free coffee.

I'll miss all the close attention from the PICU nurses, all of whom were great, but I'm happy to be one step closer to going home.

I got my chest tube out today, along with my external pacemaker wires, and my wrist IV. I can now suck my thumb again, if I can stand the taste of the tape.

My sats have been as high as 100 on room air (no oxygen added), but they are consistently in the mid-90's. As I get more active, my lungs should clear up and be more efficient, and we should see consistent high 90's.

I have the potential to get a roommate, but let's hope that doesn't happen.

My voice is still pretty hoarse from the breathing tube, so I can't scream as loudly as I'd like.

Well, I'm waking up now, so I better go.

☺

No comments: