This morning, I had a chest x-ray, in anticipation of getting my breathing tube out. Unfortunately, the Doctor said it looked "Horrible," then walked off.
While his bedside manner may be lacking, I'm confident he knows what he's doing. Eventually the nurses convinced the doctor to come back in and explain to Mommy what was going on. He now has me laying on my stomach (which is a great feeling -- I'm sick of sleeping on my back all the time) to help clear my lungs of the fluid that's in them. I hope I don't get a stiff neck like Daddy.
My sats have been great -- 99 or 100 most of the day, and they've turned down my oxygen a bit.
I still have a roommate, which means it's really crowded in here. When Daddy walked in this morning, there were 11 people in the room, and none were doctors! They keep telling Mommy and Daddy to let me sleep, but the staff keeps talking really loud and waking me back up.
The hope is that my lungs will clear and I'll be able to get the breathing tube out tomorrow, then get out of the PICU the day after.
☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment