Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update

Hi everyone, here's a quick surgery update. I went in for surgery early Tuesday morning, and we wrapped up mid-afternoon. I'm in Legacy Emanuel's PICU, and Mommy and Daddy are staying with me. So far the nurses and doctors have all been very nice, though some of them have cold hands!

The surgery went fine, and I'm on the road to recovery. I'm not entertaining visitors for now other than Mommy and Daddy because my chest is still open to leave room for swelling as I heal. They have me on meds that prevent me from moving so I'm writing this through the power of psychokinesis. And you thought my typing over the last seven months was impressive?

So over the next few days they'll get my swelling down, close me up, take me off the ventilator, and then I should be able to move out of PICU and into the regular peds ward.

1 comment:

Peggy's Pond said...

the best news was that the surgery went fine and little Miles is on the road to recovery..

that is such a relief ..

although Mommy and Daddy will feel even better when Miles is back home again..

Much love and best wishes from up north!