Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Half-Birthday to Me

Last week I turned 6 months old! Mom celebrated by ditching me and Dad to go listen to Uncle John play music. Nice move Mom.

But we did have some fun earlier in the day. Oh wait, no, that was when Mom and Daddy ditched me at Grandmas while they did some errands. I'm sure they were really important, Mom and Daddy.

I keed, I keed, we still had a good time. In fact, Daddy stayed home all week to have an extended birthday celebration, and they finally put together my activity center (thanks Uncle Rocky)! I love it! I can stomp my feet and throw things.

Here are some pictures:









Here's what I look like when I'm done playing:



In other news, I've been following the progress of the Congenital Heart Futures Act. If you like what it says, please ask your senator and representatives to support the bill! You can find their emails here and here. Here's even a sample e-mail you can use to make it easy on you (just throw in a sentence or two about why you personally think it is important to really give it a personal touch!).


I am writing to ask for your help in making a brighter future for all those born with heart defects. On March 17th the Congenital Heart Futures Act, legislation calling for research, surveillance, and education in congenital heart disease, was introduced in the Senate by Senators Durbin and Cochran and in the House by Representatives Bilirakis and Space. I am writing to ask you to co-sponsor these bills (S. 621 and H.R. 1570) and help all those born with heart defects live longer, healthier lives.

Congenital heart disease is this country’s number one birth defect and kills twice as many children as childhood cancer. Although many children now undergo successful heart repair, most will require special life-long care and face high risks of developing additional heart problems. But up until now there has been virtually no federal investment to address the research and education needs of the 1.8 million Americans now living with congenital heart disease.

To sign on as a co-sponsor of the bill, House Members should contact Dan Farmer with Rep. Space at (202) 225-6265 to discuss support of H.R. 1570. Senators should contact Sara Singleton with Senator Durbin at (202) 224-2152 re: S. 621.

Thank you in advance for your help in securing a future for all those living with congenital heart disease.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

One more thing, I received a generous gift in the mail, but there was no return address. If you sent me something in the last month, please let Mommy and Daddy know so we can thank you.

☺

1 comment:

Nina said...

Happy happy birthday. LOVED THE PICS! Hoping to get together soon. THings are getting better at my new job. see you soon.
ps, emailed the state rep with the congenital heart failure act.
Nina