Monday, January 19, 2009

Old people are brittle!

I got to spend Friday afternoon at the doctor's office!

It was more fun than most of my visits because nobody had to take my temperature or stick that cold thing on me to listen to my heart.

That's because they did it to Daddy instead.

I guess he got slapped by Uncle Hollenberg, and his finger bent funny.

You can see it here in these x-ray photos (I guess the Doctor is like Superman and has x-ray vision).

Look at the long bone of the index finger (actually the second metacarpal, inside the hand), and you can see it's broken.


Because Daddy can't take good care of me, and Mommy had to take care of him, I got to spend a lot of time over the weekend with Grandma Patty.

Monday, Grandma watched me while Mommy and Daddy celebrated MLK Day by going back to the doctor. MLK must stand for Miles Loves Knives, because the doctor took a knife and cut open Daddy's hand, and put his bones back together with pins, so he'll be able to hold me again in only 9 to 14 days!

In this Superman-vision picture, you can see the two new pins holding Daddy's bone together.


I can't wait to hold Daddy's hand again.

☺

No comments: