Friday, October 21, 2011

Paradise Lost Lake



Now that I caught you up on our Canada trip, let's talk about picture in the header. Surprise, it wasn't taken in Canada!

Those of you who are in the States may recognize the view from your pocket, where the Mt. Hood quarter is hopefully hanging out:



That's right, it's actually a picture from our 2nd annual camping trip to Lost Lake, on the slopes of Mt. Hood. Look, the quarter looks just like this picture:



Feel free to find 10 differences between our picture and the quarter, just like last time.

The view didn't change much from last year:



The trip was amazing and the s'mores were even better than I remembered:



I had fun with Mom in the lake:



And Daddy on the shore:



Not Daddy:



I even had fun with my Canadian friend! (Remember him? 1, 2)



We fished with sticks:





We didn't catch anything, but we did see a bird fly overhead with a fish in its talons (not pictured), so we knew there were fish in the lake!

We hiked in the woods, which always makes me smile:



We're thinking of selling the rights to the backgrounds below to JCPenney. I think these look a lot better than their cheesy options:





For a limited time only, feel free to photoshop your face onto this picture:



In the tent, I practiced my crazy scare stare and flashlight defense moves in case we saw any bears:



Grr:



Were you scared?

We rounded out the trip with another hike where I challenged my parents to pick up the pace:



I won:



I had the best time ever! I can't wait until next year.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't the the 3rd annual trip??? I would love my memory to be better than yours... :)
GP