Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It's been awhile, huh? We've celebrated a lot of holidays since our last post, but the most important one was Daddy's birthday!

Here's the run down of what we've been up to. Daddy went to North Carolina on business in November. He was there over his birthday so we got to wish him a happy birthday via video chat:



After he got home we went to the beach. I was right in the middle of my squint at the camera phase:







I bowled for the first time in November (nice leg follow through, huh?):





And I won:



We finished the month with a great Thanksgiving dinner! We celebrated with both sets of grandparents and uncles. But the adults were apparently too busy talking to take blog-worthy family photos. Since they wouldn't let me be the photographer I had to the musician:



We spent some time with Grandma Carolyn, Grandpa Greg, Uncle Tristan, and Aunt Linda before Christmas. I was so happy to see them, until we all got sick. I started it (stomach flu? whatever that fast moving horrible illness was that has been going around) and then I passed it on to everyone by giving and receiving all those hugs and kisses I love. Luckily that didn't impact our trip to the tree farm. It was super muddy and a little rainy but I had a lot of fun picking out our tree:



Xmas eve was celebrated over at Grandma Patty and Grandpa John's with Uncle Jack. It was fun and I put those present-opening skills I perfected in September to good use. I spent Christmas at home with Mom and Daddy:





The only part of Christmas I didn't really like was Santa. He's just freaky looking. I met him a few times (why does he hang out at the mall so much?!) and I learned to tolerate him. But there was no way I was going to sit on his lap and smile. The only smiling I did at our Santa "photo op" was when we were leaving:



Some more Christmas fun for you die hard fans:









New Years was awesome. Daddy stayed awake until midnight and the fireworks woke up Mom. She's such a party animal. I slept through the whole thing so that I could get up early the next morning to wish my parents a happy anniversary.

So that brings us to January. The highlight of this month has been giving up naps. I've decided they're for babies, and I'll only take them when I'm exhausted. The results of this little experiment have been stellar:



I'm talking a bit more and my parents are understanding me more. They're a bit slow at times with kid speak, but I try to be patient. The word of the week is light.

We also spent some time up the gorge last weekend. Daddy and I played tag at the Women's Forum State Park:



And the three of us explored some of the falls:



I'll try to update the blog more than once a quarter, but if any of you are ever jonesing for a Miles kick, feel free to come visit. I love to show people my toys and books.

☺

1 comment:

p said...

Grandma Patty spends the third most time with Little Red, but she isn't having any fat pictures on a blog! He's the cutest, sweetest, smartest, most wonderful little guy in the world ever (may be a hyperbole, but it's grandma's opinion!).