Better known as the mascot of Milesylvania, it's a winged, six-legged, shrunken-head deer!
My mascot was at the beach for the 4th of July Milesylvania Olympic Trials and she brought her kids:
Rockaway Beach spared no expense during the opening ceremony, and everybody dressed up in their finest red, white, and blue (the colors of Milesylvania's flag):
Rockaway even brought out their classic John Deere tractor (2009, 2011) for the ceremony:
Coach Mom and I talked strategy:
I practiced my victory waves (a tad more humble than Bolt, wouldn't you say?):
As for the events, I like to consider myself a true athlete, so I try a little of everything.
During the trials, I:
Played soccer with Daddy:
Beat my parents at the 50k race walk:
Bill Nye (Daddy's college commencement speaker) has nothing on my form:
Practiced my discus throw:
Ran the 10000-meter dash (Yes, you heard me right: the 10k's just a dash for me. I hang out with Mo and Galen here in Beaverton all the time, and they can't keep up with me.):
Here I am calibrating a plate for the 33-lb weightlifting event:
In synchronized diving, I worked on my innovative 0-meter reflection dive:
In any diving event, it's always important to check the wind before jumping:
We showed up at the pool for the swimming event but the pool was drained!
Here it was in 2010:
I took one look at the whitewater portion of the kayak run, and asked Daddy to take me to the next event:
I had a better routine than Gabby Douglas at the Balance Beam; unfortunately, the IOC pointed out I was a dude, and didn't qualify:
If you squint hard enough, you may be able to see Usain Bolt at the far right of this picture, eating my dust in the 100-meter dash:
[ed note: Not pictured: Usain Bolt]
Here I am, choreographing my rhythmic gymnastics routine in a tidepool:
I pulled up on the first lap of the steeplechase, not wanting to get my shoes wet:
Midway through the competition, we carb-loaded with cookies so I could keep my energy up:
I practiced my 10-meter air-pistol shooting skills:
Here I am all ready for the start of the 200-meter IM against Michael Phelps, and I would have set a world-record, but forgot my grill!
I also participated in wrestling:
Cycling on my custom made (just for me) bike:
(I'm happy to share the bike with Sean too, now that he's joined the family)
Equestrian: (dressage)
Note how I gently tweak my steed's ears to avoid giving verbal commands:
Unfortunately, I was disqualified for shouting, "Hi Mom!" so we didn't make it to London this year:
We had so much fun at "the sport of the summer" that we're training even harder for Rio, so Daddy can beat Rafalca and be nominated for president in 2016.
Equestrian (jumping):
My horse shied away from the third jump so I had to finish on my own:
Ice dancing: Our routine had an infinite difficulty score, what with the sand and all:
They disqualified me and my beach volleyball partner (Daddy) after we spiked the ball too hard off the other team and into the water:
Thank goodness we medalled in the most important event in the Heberlein household: the three person pose:
Grandpa taught me what to do with the green medal I was awarded:
Mom came up with this elaborate closing ceremony act, where she ate an Olympic ring, but unfortunately NBC screwed up and didn't air it (but how about that Animal Practice!?):
NBC only showed the traditional part of the Closing Ceremony. Luckily, they broadcast it directly across the sky with a bang:
Before the closing ceremonies were even over I was off, training for Rio:
And, oh yeah, for those of you wondering, I very clearly have answered the question of the color of Sean's eyes! They're "black!" Duh! More pictures of Sean coming soon, I promise.
☺
P.S. Happy Birthday Grandpa G!
P.P.S. Stayed tuned for exciting blog changes. These Miles-focused pictures might have to tide you over for awhile while I let my parents show off Sean.
No comments:
Post a Comment