Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Animals of Canada

You'll have to wait a bit longer for my full post on our big June trip to Canada. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures we took of some of the animals we saw on the drive:



The first person to comment with the names of all the animals wins a big hug from me next time we see each other.

☺

P.S. Happy Birthday Grandpa! Thanks for taking me to the Mariners' game today! It seems like every time I go to Safeco, the M's win. They must be really good!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't know the black and white little bird but I know the rest. Can I still have a hug?

Anonymous said...

baby mountain goat, brown bear, black bear, eagles, buffalo, moose, bird, buck, fawn - do I get a hug? Grandma P

Anonymous said...

Oh - I forgot the ram!

Miles said...

Grandma P, the judges said that wasn't 100% correct, but I think it's close enough to deserve a big hug!

But mom, no hug for you. You were there, you should know these.

Anonymous said...

The deer thing is a mule deer - I just saw one on TV and the bears are the same species. You can't fool your grandma!

Anonymous said...

Miles - You are right! Grandma deserves a hug. But she doesn't know Huwwie from whooie! Grandpa does. The answers are:

Grisley beer
Black beer
(okay, Grandpa can't spell)
Bisson dog
Carrabo.Big horned sheep
Bald (grandpa)eagle
Deer (mule?)
another deer
You got it - a big bird
Raindeer

Carolyn said...

The black and white bird is a magpie.
Other animals are:
bald eagle
black bear
brown bear
bison
big horn sheep
mountain goat
elk
moose
deer

Grandma C said...

Apparently I am blog comment challenged. My post above doesn't have my name!!! It says 'unknown'. Grandma C

Miles said...

Grandma C is close enough to get a hug too! But remember my clue from the border crossings post (linked from my name here)?(And to be clear, I don't count the bald eagles separately.)
Grandpa: you get a hug too...as long as I can call you grandpa eagle from now on!

Grandma C said...

New list:
The black and white bird is a magpie.
Other animals are:
eagle
black bear
brown bear
bison
deer

2 big horn sheep: one old, one baby (so no mountain goat)

2 mooses (?moose?mice?) one young with small antlers and one old and hunched over (so no elk)

If this doesn't do it, then maybe we could add a canuck?